Sunday, October 29, 2006

First 36 Hours

Do you know the only way to get to China and don't say "by slow boat", its by plane. But believe me it seems like a slow boat when you are sitting on a plane for 24 hrs. The only salvation in this was the t.v. on the back of the seat in front of me, me and "Nacho Libre" got real close.



The anticipation of going grew and grew day by day. Funny as it maybe the day we left I was so calm. I guess I figured there wasn't much left for me to do than go and enjoy myself and hopefully I had everything packed, if not, I guess there wasn't time to worry about it.


Tina's first step onto international territories. It would be the beginning of barely making it to our planes.

We arrived with bright blue skies, cool temperatures which wouldn't last for very long. Even the airport was painted with the colors of China.
We hadn't even got to our hotel rooms and from our very tired dispositions, we headed for the bar and had our first Chinese beer out of many.
What a beautiful hotel room, but the beds were too hard and too short. One of my surprises was how modern Beijing was. The billboards were larger than some of our buildings.


Our first Chinese meal was the best I had ever had, but the Jasmine tea was a total surprise when out of the tea pod rose a jasmine flower. It taste as great as it looked.

Even though we were so tired we couldn't wait to start the tour and so off for a nightly performance of the Chinese acrobats. Even between our half opened eyes it was great.

Of course how can you not go to Hard Rock for pin purchase.

The end of a very long 36 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment