Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TURKIYE


Why Turkey, I say why not Turkiye. Actually it was my daughter's idea to go play in Turkey for two weeks. So her and two of my friends that went to China decided to go with me.

Turkey is the land of everything. It was the beginning of the world and the center of history. It has been the middle of most cultures and most wars. Still to this day some cultures would like a piece of Turkey, but Turkey will stand strong against such advances because they are a proud people with a beautiful culture and country.

Did I gain a new appreciation for the muslim faith, you bet. Did I gain an understanding of christianty and my inherent background, definitely. Turkey was laid before us in all of its beauty and past.

You bet I was a little skiddish to think of taking my daughter, mother of two babies, to a country that was so close to Iran and Iraq, but as the days approached I felt a real sense of calmness and surety of wanting to go there. I definitely wanted to spend it with Ammie and my friends.

All things are based on your surroundings of how successful it maybe and with the true friendships of 42 people on a bus, almost 24/7, this trip turned into a successful experience I will not soon forget. As it once was said "Two of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world - the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus and the Temple of Diana at Ephesus. Little of these wonders remain, but with the ruins of 12 great civilizations the whole of Turkiye is one vast open air museum." I cannot bring you the smells, the food, and the friendships, but I can sure try. Travel with me through Turkiye ...

No comments:

Post a Comment