Thursday, March 19, 2009

The girls are back in town.

Our very last night with Dilek and our new found friends. How do you say goodbye? You say it with great food, drink and some belly dancing. Yes of course we had to wear our new leather coats to dinner.




We will surely miss those that we have met. Dilek said "you are the diplomats to her country." I can honestly say would I go back again, h____ yes in a minute. Would I seek out my friends for future explorations, you bet. Again I would love to express my gratitude definitely with Dilek for being beyond knowledgeable and funny. She always made us laugh. We couldn't have been so lucky. We will miss you and hope to see you again on some silk road, maybe towards our Zion. Ammie will have to be your tour guide for our spiritual venues, but I can definitely show you the rest.

I want to thank each one of my new friends. From Ahmet, the bus driver that couldn't stay between the lines, but made sure we didn't die, to the photographers that gave me such great memories, to my friends as we watched the sun go down, to the deep discussions on the bus, to the warmth you showed my daughter, to the laughter and amazing adventure in just eating turkish food. We loved it all.


So many more pictures on the next entry "Extra Extra Outtakes"

I want to thank again my three friends, Pam, Tina and Bill for venturing out with me. I wouldn't have wanted to do it without you and thank God to Pam especially at the very last minute I didn't have to do it without you.
Pam and I bought this villa while in Cappadocia, her room is on the far right corner.

A special thanks to four very special men in our lives. My husband, Gary and Ammie's husband, Paul for loving and supporting us from so far away. To two very special little boys that "they missed their mother soooooo much they almost started to cry. Oh Grandma we missed you too." And a very special thanks to my daughter, Ammie. Words cannot express the joy I found in taking you. If I could have had everyone I loved with me I would have, but to enjoy these memories with you makes it very special. The timing couldn't have been better, Ammie wasn't sure, but she confirmed the day after we got back SHE'S PREGNANT. I brought her back to her husband just in time for her to be sick. Hope to see you all on another silk road somewhere in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment