Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hold on to your hats girls, a new boy's in town.


Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, a man with a cause. To gain independence for the Turkish people against the Ottomon Empire, war was set in motion with Ataturk as their leader. A lot of lives were shed to gain democracy and the Republic of Turkey, and still to this day they admire him, pay homage to him and hold him up as the founder of their modern day country. Our first stop was to Ataturk's mausoleum.




The world famous Ankara museum. Without Dilek I know I would not have appreciated this museum as much as I did.


One of the things that amazed me she showed us tablets that were the beginning of legal documents. She showed us divorce and wedding papers in stone. One thing was a tablet of laden. When the vendors were going to deliver their inventory, they would make a tablet with a list of the inventory. Then they would insert it in an enclosed sleeve of pottery and fire it. They would send a courier with the inventory for miles to the new vendor and the new vendor would then break it open. That insured the courier would be honest and not sell the inventory along the way. Amazing.

Mother Goddess: The Hittites paid homage to forms of Mother Goddess. Mother Goddess was a symbol of all, because she represented mothers giving birth and/or life.
I haven't said much about the hotels we stayed in, but the hotel in Ankara I really loved. Etap Altinel Hotel. It was beautiful until I got to the bar. I ordered a Johnnie Walker and Diet Coke and it cost me $25 USD, I thought he was joking. However, the restaurant made up for it, it was fabulous food.



No comments:

Post a Comment