Saturday, March 28, 2009

Brad Pitt here we come

Off along the Marmara Sea to a ferry waiting us.

We had lunch along the Sea and then headed out to the other side to Troy.


Dilek had explained that she had taken her Mother and Grandmother to Troy with great expectations to please them both, they were both disappointed with the few rocks that were there and she was hoping we wouldn't feel the same disappointment. ARE YOU KIDDING. We fell in love with Troy knowing Brad had been here, NOT REALLY. But we were amazed at the city. I think at this point I realized that if it wasn't for Dilek this place would have been just a pile of rocks along with a fake horse. She made it so interesting and to think that people really believed it was a myth.





Off to our next hotel. The hotel was ran by a family and Dilek had told us that it was a 3 star. Inspite of the family's best efforts to please everyone, I think Ammie and I were cheated somewhere. Our friends had beautiful rooms overlooking the sea. Ammie and I got a very delapted room that smelled. The tub was so small I don't think a rabbit could sit in it. Believe me there were plenty of rabbits that tried. But we tried to make the best of it along with the beautiful sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment