Monday, September 13, 2010

A LOT OF RED FUN

I can't think of anything cooler than a trip to Southern Utah, and Northern Arizona in the summer. I can't think of anybody that is cooler than our two sets of friends from Idaho and Canada that decided to join us in the summer.

I think there are certain things in this world that you should put on your bucket list and some of those are going to the national parks in Utah and Arizona. In planning this trip I realized, and shocked, that my husband, and my friends had never seen these parks. So we planned on meeting in SLC and heading out to St. George, Utah for a few days and then off to Zions, Grand Canyon, Page, AZ, and Bryce Canyon.

The next thing cooler was mine and my husband's Spyders. They are three wheel motorcycles. So we rode those along with our Tahoe to store the rest of the travelers away from the elements.







We couldn't have picked a more perfect week, the weather in St. George is usually in the 100s and it was in the upper 80s. Most of the trip was the same without any rain, we did have some major wind the first day but for most of the trip it was perfect weather.

The entire road trip down we shared in the driving of the motorcycles. Gary and I were a little worried about the rest of them since they had never owned a motorcycle nor really drove a motorcycle. But we soon realized they were doing great on them.

The first night after arriving in St. George we drove over to Springdale which is just outside of Zions to see a movie in the Imax theatre, "Zions Treasure of the Gods." It was a great movie and I highly recommend it to those that will never hike past their car in the park.


This was our first view of the red cliffs of Zions National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment