Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Sweetness of the Vine

I have always heard about Napa Valley, and I realized why the rich flock there, where there is limos everywhere and why I felt sort of out of my class. I can definitely hold my own, but you know you are with the rich and spoiled when their faces look like they come out of some plastic factory, even the men, and their clothes look like they come off of Rodeo drive, unlike mine. In spite of the rich, we had a great time.

We first stopped in at the High Flyer wine tasting building. The girl was sweet and we totally enjoyed the wine. She directed us to "Hurleys" for lunch. Very good.

We then drove up through the valley to Beringers Winery, that is where I fell in love with wine and chocolate. I told Gary I could totally turn into a lush from this combo.







Then off to dinner to the CIA, Culinary Institute of America. This school took over an old winery and put in its place a school, a very gourmet cooking equipment shop, and a restaurant. This would be our final dinner with the group and we totally enjoyed it.



Thanks to my friends for inviting us along. Let's not wait another four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment