Friday, September 23, 2011

Unbelievable

Up bright and running, definitely not early, we are off to the Palace of Versailles. I first realized the monster I created by giving my husband the camera. Believe me I have cherished every picture that he took, but we got to the Palace, and it is so big, that I swear he was taking pictures of even the bolts holding up the gates. I am sure there is nothing in the US that is that big and grand. Just enjoy the ride while looking at the pictures because despite my husband’s best efforts he could not take the whole Palace, IT WAS TOO BIG.






The hall of mirrors. The ballroom. It was gorgeous.







Here is one of Marie Antoinette's Chateau, the other one was slightly shappier.

Coming back on the train, I told Gary that I wanted to stop at the Statue of Liberty, remember Paris gave our Statue of Liberty to us (much bigger), but Parisians don’t really get into their Statue, but it meant more to me to take the picture than it did for the Eiffel Tower, and so we did.


Then Gary and I took a very painful (I was not feeling very good, oh have you noticed the cane, yeap, Lyle is not up to running mode, oh well for Gary), walk along the Seine until we got to the Eiffel Tower. The thought of standing in line almost made me throw up. So we just admired and then took a lot of pictures. So what great picture did we take from the bottom, up the middle, and funny as it maybe our hotel had a blow up of the same picture. Amazing how artistic I am, especially in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment