Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Here Comes The Mist

I woke up again with my neighborhood seal jumping in the water. It was fun for someone that has never been around the ocean too much. This maybe the last time, but my baby came crawling into my bed for a back scratch. That is one thing that was always precious between Randi and I from birth on, she loved crawling in bed with her mom. I will surely miss that. We talked and finally got out of bed to walk the rocky beach to find places for her bridals to be taken later on that afternoon.
Now we don't know who owns this house, but it was two lots down from our rental, so if anyone knows this house don't tell the owners we used their yard and house for the backdrop to Randi's bridals. We tried to get permission, but oh well. The guard house in front was bigger than my garage.

We got word that Gary and Ammie/Baby Gracie had problems getting on the plane to get here. We tried to take it in stride because we knew we were all flying standbye. The day was gloomy and misty, the typical Seattle weather, so Brian stoked up a fire and we laid around reading and watching t.v. This would be the last he would see his bride until the "I dos." We finally got in the car and took off to go grocery shopping for the Bridal party that night. The boys were suppose to go out to dinner.
Going standbye means a lot of praying, especially if you have a deadline to meet. And you always think it is a miracle when something happens extraordinary to allow you to board when there was no hope. I believe it really is the expertise of the airline staff. The fourth plane out, sat on the tarmat for a little while and then returned back to the gate for some unknown reason. A large group of Koreans got off and in turn Gary and Ammie were able to get on. A MIRACLE. Gary and Ammie were suppose to arrive around 10:30 a.m. and at noon they were just getting onto a plane. Our friend the photographer was suppose to arrive around noon, and when I called to see where they were, they were 30 minutes outside of Seattle, so I thought if they stay there waiting an extra hour they could pick up Gary. I took so much for granted because by the time everything happened, her bridal pictures were pushed back 3 hours. Here comes Momzilla out. Between Brian expecting Randi to be somewhere and Randi expecting her bridals to be taken and everyone is still on some freeway, I got or felt a lot of pressure. But my saying for this wedding is "we punt." So we rescheduled a few things and everything turned out just great.
GRANDMA JOY'S REHEARSAL


Everyone arrived safely and Randi had her bridals, we had a really great party with her new in-laws and we were in bed by 10:00. I was happy.
RANDI WHERE ARE YOU GOING THE PARTY JUST STARTED




BRIDALS









No comments:

Post a Comment