Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Day of the Dead

Yes I have said it many times before I love cemetaries.  I know that sounds sick.  So of course I had to take the cemetary tour in New Orleans.  Our tour guide conveyed so much history and it was really quite entertaining, but I have a memory as small as a mouse, so I won't repeat it. 

Here is Gary in Pirates Alley, don't ask.


Here is Faulkner Book Store.  I took this picture because I have a good friend named Faulkner, but this is where the Noble Prize winner William Falkner (on his first book the printer had a mistype of his name, "Faulkner" which he kept for all of his books) wrote his first book. 

Here is Nicholas Cage's crypt in the New Orleans cemetary around the corner of the VooDoo Queen, Marie Lavaeu.
  Marie Laveau's ghost at her tomb says vistor to the cemetery Ginger Smith.

We had to rush away from the tour to get onto our swamp tour.  Somebody told us to take the swamp tour that it would be great.  I can't say it was great, but it was pretty informative.  It would have been great if we had seen more alligators, but we only saw one.  I guess, can you believe it, they hibernate when it gets cold.  They have to keep their body temperature stable. 





During Hurricane Isacc this house wasn't just flooded up to the house, but 8' into the house. 

Here are some of the swamp people homes.  You can rent a piece of property from either the state or the federal government for $99 per month for 99 years.  What a great deal unless you don't want to see your neighbor coming out toothless and nude to his spa. 

Gary then took me to Pat O'Briens for dinner.  The food and drinks were exceptionally good. 



Of course we had to walk Bourbon Street where we met up with Nick Nolte, no I didn't invade his privacy to take a picture, you're going to have to just take my word, and no he wasn't drunk at least at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment