Thursday, November 1, 2012

Millionaire Road

The next day we got up early to head out to Millionaire Road. It is about one hour from the French Quarter.  I wanted to see the plantations of the 1800s.  I read the web before I left and they all told me to go to Laura's Plantation, and forget Oak Alley, I beg to differ.  Laura's reminded me of something that you would see in the Outback of Australia. It may have been magnificent at one time before they had a fire and had to tear down two large portions of the house, but it was pretty simple.  A lot of history, but simple.


Oak Alley would have been like off from "Gown With The Wind."  It was very majestic with the forefront of these huge oak trees.  The history was just as interesting, but so much more gorgeous. 





After coming back we went back to the hotel for a little nap and then up to go again.  We walked down to the U.S. Mint, but they had closed minutes before.  Maybe next trip.

Then Gary asked what I wanted for our last night here and I didn't want to waste it with bad food for not knowing where to go, so we went back to Muriels.  As we walked in two women asked if they could go upstairs to see the ghost.  Of course my curiosity got the best of me and so Gary and I went upstairs.  As you walk into going up the stairs, monks started singing, the staircase creaks the entire trip upstairs.  The shadows on the walls do not help and then you enter the room where the owner had killed himself.  Of course then you have your husband go into another room, but don't tell you and your totally spooked out.  We couldn't just go up once, we had to go up there after the meal as well.  It made for a good Halloween dinner. 


Of course the meal again was absolutely delicious. 

Thanks to New Orleans hospitality, we had a very nice trip.  We will have to go back.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN
FROM NEW ORLEANS

No comments:

Post a Comment