Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Flying Away Into the Night

Dana said lets sleep in and then go to a late day because we were going to take a night tour of the monuments. So off we went to the Aerospace Museum. Here are a few pictures. Here is the Mercury (I could be wrong, but I believe it was the first manned ship.) Here is the Sputnik

Here is a replica of the first French balloon, of course the real one is a lot larger. I love balloons.
A replica of what the Wright Bros. would have flown.
Our Nation's Capital. It was cold and blistery that day.
Then off to the Hard Rock for some mighty good eating.
The night tour started at the capital . It would have been funnier I think to be inside.

World War II Monument. I wish my Dad could have seen that.
I guess this symbol was used all through the war, any one that had been in World War II would have known what it means.
Of course, one of our founding fathers - Thomas Jefferson
Abe Lincoln, so impressive.
Dana and I looking out from Lincoln to Washington Monument, plus the capital in the background.
The White House
The local protest transient for the last 25 years, I questioned, is she still alive? Getting closer to the tent, we soon realized she was still screaming better than ever.

Blair Hotel - Is the Israeli Prime Minster in town, hmmmmmmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment