Sunday, June 21, 2009

van COEVORDEN aka VANCOUVER, BC


TRAVELING DAHLIAS

Okay for the sake of the men in my life, for this portion of my blog I changed the title to "Traveling Dahlias." My husband and my male friends would kill me to call them pansies, so here goes the "Traveling Dahlias."

I usually wouldn't mention just a fam vacation just any where, but I have been going to Vancouver for many years and everyone asks where did you go and what did you do. So here goes. Plus I wanted to highlight my good friends and tour guides, John, Val & Bobby. They love Vancouver as much as we do and they know it like the back of their hands so they treated our friends Kenny and Wonda for their first time and us to a little mini tour of Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

Since I have never been to NYC, but I have been to Philly and LA, I liken Vancouver to a large town with a small town hospitality. It is large in so many ways, but still very accessible and fun without too much hassel. But we didn't start in Vancouver, so follow with me on our trip through Canuckville - eh.

P.S. A little history trivia: Vancouver is named after Captain George Vancouver, a British explorer. The name Vancouver itself originates from the Dutch "van Coevorden", denoting somebody from (in Dutch: "van") Coevorden, an old city in The Netherlands. I knew you wanted to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment