Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vertical Fam Tour




Everything about this trip was Vertical. Vertical flights, vertical trees, vertical waterfalls, and definitely vertical mountains. It gave you a new impression of looking up.

My husband had started working for Delta Airlines so of course we had to take the first standbye trip as a family. Of course Gary, my husband, chose to stay home. So off with my adult children, Ammie, Nicholas, Randi, and of course baby Gracie had to come along just because she had to.

I was excited about the trip but I also knew I was anticipating coming home a lot. I love home, and knowing that I am excited about seeing new places, every trip makes me realize how much I love my home.

It was also my birthday, June 24, I was excited about having my children to myself for my birthday. So we headed out on a 10:00 a.m. flight. Had plenty of room on the flight and lucky enough didn't get bumped off. Getting somewhere by plane is somewhat of a hassle than just packing the car and driving. As soon as we landed we had to find the rental car, find a hotel, get some munchies, etc. etc. so by the time we headed for Kings Canyon and the Sequoia National Forest it was early afternoon.


After a somewhat long drive to the Canyons we arrived at the main area, we checked out the lodge, visitor center, store, and definitely the restrooms. The visitor center directed us to a grove of sequoias. The kids were amazed, they loved it.





Then we headed for another grove of trees along a 26 mile whindy road, bad idea! We got about 20 miles into the drive, the kids kept getting car sick from the road and I kept getting sick from thinking I was going to go over the edge of thousands of feet down. Headed back to the hotel.

The kids got PF Chang take out for my birthday and we quickly hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment